Register as Professional
To register in the professional category, you must possess:
- Either a diploma, advanced diploma, technology degree or a degree in any recognised engineering discipline.
- More than four(4) years post qualification experience in the engineering discipline you want to register for
What to submit when you apply for registration
If you qualify to apply for registration, please submit the following:
- A fully completed Professional/Registered Application form found here
- Summary of post graduate work experience to be filled and verified by past and/or present employers with a signature and company stamp
- Report on post graduate engineering experience written according to outlined competencies relevant for the credential you are applying for. To get more details on how to write your report and areas of competence to address, please go here to read.
- Certified copies of:
- Identity document (Omang for citizens or Passport for non-citizens)
- Official educational transcripts (where necessary – you may be advised to submit)
- Diploma or degree certificate
- Proof of payment of the non-refundable application fee of P2500-00. This can either be paid directly into the ERB Bank Account (details available in the application form) or using your debit or credit card at the POS machine available at the ERB offices.
- You may at the same time also pay the registration fee of P1500-00. In addition, you may apply for the practising certificate. You will need to pay the P2500-00 annual practising fee. The practising certificate is mandatory if you are practising engineering.
- Or may also apply online here. Follow this link for instructions.
What happens next?
- Your application will be processed within six (6) to twelve(12) weeks provided everything is in order.
- Once you have been approved for registration:
- If you have paid the registration fee, you will be entered into the register of engineers and a registration certificate issued
- If you have paid the practising fee, a practising certificate will be issued
- You will be notified through SMS, email or any relevant contact method to come collect your registration documents
- If you did not pay the registration and/or practising fee, you will then need to pay the registration fee and can then apply for the annual practising certificate and pay the required P2500-00. Processing will take about seven (7) days before you can come collect the registration and/or practising certificate
- If your application was not successful, you will be notified of that outcome. You may then be refunded the money you paid except for the non-refundable application fee. Please refer to the fee policy available on the website.