- BRIDGE ENGINEER 1 (SPECIALISED IN CABLE-STAYED BRIDGES)
Qualifications: Prospective applicants must be registered professional engineers and have a minimum of Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree in Civil Engineering, with specialization in structures.
Experience: Minimum of20 years general experience, 10 years of which must be in position of Bridge Engineer responsible for construction supervision of cable-stayed bridges or must have served in similar capacity on 2 or more cable-stayed bridge projects.
2. STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Qualifications: Prospective applicants must have a minimum of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) or Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng) degree in Civil Engineering with a sound knowledge of basic structural design.
Experience: Minimum of10 years experience, 5 years of which must be in position of Structural Engineer in a reputable organization responsible for design and construction supervision of buildings and other structures or must have served in similar capacity on 5 or more projects. Experience in the design and construction supervision of bridges will be an advantage
- Prospective candidate must be computer-literate with sound knowledge and experience in the use of AutoCAD or similar drafting software. Knowledge and use of Sofistik, Midas nGen and Prokon Padds will be an advantage.
- Must demonstrate reasonable understanding and interpretation of Engineering and Architectural principles and drawings.
- Able to independently produce reinforcement drawings, concrete and structural steel details and bending schedules.
- Team player
3. MATERIALS/GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER
Qualifications: Prospective applicants must have a minimum of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) or Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng) degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology.
Experience : Minimum of 15 years general experience, 10 years of which must be in position of Materials or Geotechnical Engineer or similar discipline in a reputable organization. Prospective applicants must have served in similar capacity on one or more bridge projects.
4. AUTOCAD TECHNICIAN IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
Qualifications: Prospective applicants must have National Diploma/Higher National Diploma in Draughting or its equivalent. Consideration will also be given to candidates with certificate(s) from one or more relevant vocational training courses plus a minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience.
Experience: Minimum of15 years satisfactory serviceas an AutoCAD Technician in a reputable firm, with specific experience in either of the following:
- interpretation of architectural drawings and preparation of structural engineering drawings, including detailing and bending schedules; or,
- preparation of civil engineering drawings including detailing of roads, bridges, water, wastewater and stormwater drainage designs.
Ability to produce engineering drawings from verbal and written information and knowledge/use of AutoCAD-based engineering software will be an advantage.
Interested applicants should submit detailed curriculum vitae, including references, certified copies of applicant’s qualifications and any other achievements. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Applications must be addressedto: The Managing Director, CPP Botswana (Pty) Ltd, Private Bag BR 121, Broadhurst, Gaborone,
Fax: 391 2890, Email: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for applications is 14th March, 2020