Country Engineering Manager
Suitable qualified individuals are invited to apply for the aforementioned position tenable in Gaborone.
To lead the Engineering Team to provide professional support in their field of expertise in a cost effective manner, ensuring that all operations are meeting Legal requirements and Group standards and deliver the Business Capex plans.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate must meet the following criteria:
- A professional engineer with demonstrated competence and experience in design, construction, maintenance and project management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of company’s service station design & HSSE specifications & standards
- Knowledge of company construction, procurement & tendering processes
- Project management experience
- Ability to deliver on time and against budget
- Health Safety Security and Environment (HSSE) experience
- To prepare and monitor yearly Maintenance and Operations Capex budgets and support Sales functions as S&D, Retail, B&B/Mining and LPG in preparing Growth Capital Expenditure budgets in liaison with Financial and Planning functions .
- To draw Investment Proposals, estimates, drawings, tender and contract documents, and purchase orders for organization Capex and maintenance projects.
- To implement and follow up on Growth Capex projects in accordance with plan, budget, quality and in compliance with HSSE requirements.
- To coordinate with the Finance department for the capitalisation of commissioned Capex projects, regular inventory and disposal of company unused assets.
- To plan and organise all the maintenance work at various Retail Site, S&D and B&B/Mining sites in accordance with Group Standards and Procedures as well as best practices.
- To ensure full implementation of Pragma Asset Management System.
- To manage, motivate and train own and contractors staff to ensure high quality work conducted within HSSE standards;
- To carry out inspections and participate in audits as per S&D HSSE & Sales plan;
- To work in collaboration with Contracting and Procurement to pre-qualify contractor draft tenders and awards strategies so as to obtain best prices, value and quality.
- Maintain a Project Engineering & Maintenance Manual including procedures for all maintenance activities carried out in the organization.
- Provides project management review, control, and approval over multiple areas of engineering, procurement, and construction work for all capital and assigned expense projects.
- Responsible for performance of monthly project capital spend forecasting.
- Coach and mentor staff, including development of appropriate training programmes
- Depot operations and asset management
- People management skills
- Facility design
- Construction and maintenance management
- Retails economics
- Retail Essentials
Please send your applications to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 8 June 2020